Wednesday 26 August 2009

Jessica De Lotz

Jewellery is something which I adore on other people but never really wear much of myself. Other than a few string or beaded bracelets that is. Maybe on a good day some pearl earrings my mum brought my back from Marbella a few months ago or a huge, ridiculously tarnished ring!
My mum on the other hand is all about the rose gold and diamonds, personally I think that's an acquired taste which only comes with age! Don't tell her I said that...

And after Tiffany's & Co.'s ridiculous sales reports from the 1st quarter being -22% I think that many ladies may be perching on my side of the fence on this one!

BUT I have came across this one of a kind jewellery design genius; who may even have snatched title of my favourite jewellery brand from CC Skye. Who is this Einstein I hear you cry?
She is .... Jessica De Lotz
She graduated from St Martins last year and her designs are all like little pieces of history. Inspired by a handbag she bought at a flea - market. It was a 1950's bag and was previously owned by Daisy Hooper (cute name,eh?) inside there were photographs, ID cards, letters, stamps and other personal goodies. This little find inspired her graduate collection and each piece of jewellery was designed as though it had just jumped out of one of Daisy's photographs.
This collection can be bought from Kalibri online and everything else can be ordered personally from Jessica at http://jessicadelotz.wordpress.com/contact/
Seriously have a peep, soon as I have some money to my name that doesn't already have a boring purpose I'm snatching up this piece :

No comments:

Post a Comment