Wednesday 12 August 2009

Take charge!


Date night with the girls always leaves me with food for thought.
Tonight has left me wondering if the shoe should always be kept on the other foot??
OK so the meat of tonights dish is; one of my best friends has been in a relationship with a guy now for a while hes a nice guy with good equity and educational background don't get me wrong he has the greatest credentials and I was excited when she and him met and hit it off but now hes gone and pissed me off! I have been hurt myself not all that terribly long ago and in a sense the sores haven't all healed, yes Im fine infact looking back you could say Im glad its happened but its left me with a feeling of serious protectiveness and loyalty to my best friends and their hearts. After all they were there for me.
Some of us sadly see men as being the ones who always call the shots, but why do we let it be at this?
This friend of mine isn't getting treated fairly or even close to how well she should be and is trying her best to make this one work out, as like me if this one doesn't then shes giving up and her barriers will be back stronger than ever. As a best friend who knows what its like I don't want to see it happen to her.
So what if we refuse to let it be this way if we ladies remember that we are precious and if we aren't getting exactly what we want how we want it then its just not good enough, maybe we should start being as selfish as the guys?
I say we focus on ourselves, know exactly what were worth, put our friends as number one and if any man thinks he can join in well he'd better be ready to prove he is worthy....

No comments:

Post a Comment